recycled balance hole repair

Dempsey Jr., Paul E dempsey@marshall.edu
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:46:59 -0500

Following this thread on the availability of various woods and just in
case you don't have a lot of old cases to saw up.

Yeah...WallyWorld is a wasted trip but Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, etc.
all seem to have a selection of lumber other than regular construction
materials. Also, a Woodcraft store or Woodworkers Supply (both have
retail outlets in many cities and both are on the Web) usually will have
a good selection of many species of wood, including exotics.

And lastly, try E-bay. Do a search under lumber or veneer. You'll be
surprised what's out there and there is the occasional bargain.

________________________________

From: Keith Roberts [mailto:kpiano@goldrush.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 11:22 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: recycled balance hole repair

Thanks Dale,  I didn't know that was bass wood. I got some of that
laying in the corner. I would rather spend an hour cutting up some old
wood than spending and hour driving to buy new. When I add up the time
and mileage to go get it, I find it's far easier to have it shipped.
Sometimes I'm stuck on a piece of the puzzle and you can't count on the
hardware stores around here. It's getting better.

You explain to Terry why there aren't any craft stores around here.

Keith Roberts

   Keith,Terry

	  By the way you can recycle a whole lot of fine basswood in
every upright. It's usually in the long case parts that they really
didn't want to warp Or block' There is just a whole lot of it.

	   Dale

	MallWort might have it, but who would ever go there (ever wonder
why you don't have a crarft store nearby?)?

		Terry Farrell