recycled balance hole repair

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:23:21 -0500

I think Bill Spurlock mentions in his article to make sure the grain is =
parallel with the long axis of the key. I used basswood on a set I did =
recently. I know that is often used. Some suggest maple, but Spurlock =
expressed some concern regarding potential noise with maple. Most =
True-Value hardware stores or any decent hobby shop will have a variety =
of craft wood of various species and thicknesses. MallWort might have =
it, but who would ever go there (ever wonder why you don't have a crarft =
store nearby?)?

Terry Farrell