Una Corda Adjustments and Christian Zimmermann

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:55:45 +0100

Been watching this thread with some interest. I've never seen one of
these, and actually was not aware of its existance. After looking at the
action I was stunned to see the angles in the keys needed to get this to
work. Personally, I have no doubt that pianists can adapt to whatever
width standard is out there. So long as there is a consistancy in step
height one will seldom stumble it is said.  But I have to wonder about
(without this meaning any negative prejudice) these horrific looking key
angles, and how that affects action performance over time.  I wonder if
any of you with experience out there could speak to that.

As far as the artist temporarilly installing such an action for every
piano he gives a concert on.... I have to immediatly wonder about
voicing issues.   The soul impediment must be because he's used to the
width of the octave.  I cant believe the end response is going to be the
same from instrument to instrument.

Cheers
RicB