How to explain a pitch adjustment

KeyKat88@aol.com KeyKat88@aol.com
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:32:30 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2005 9:13:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jodel@kairos.net writes:
I measure pitch on all the A's before I start, and record this for the
customer on a graph on the invoice.  This gives them a great visual about what work
is needed.  The graph indicates "fine tuning" range (+/1 eight cents for me).

Greetings,

        I like your idea of giving the customer a graph. I too, measure all
the A's before I begin any tuning to see where it sets. I ususaly pick the
center string. Which of the three strings (in treble notes) do you use to measure
the A's? Which would be the most reliable "tell" out of the three?

Julie Gottshall,
Reading, PA