health insurance

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:36:34 -0500

Well said, Susan. By making healthcare free for many people it leads
them to poor choices and drives the cost up for the rest of us.

We have developed something of a network of healthcare professionals who
seem willing to work with us to help us make better choices. We know a
chiropractor, for example, who does low cost xrays for us if someone is
injured and we suspect a fracture. We use a nurse practitioner for
routine type medical care- way cheaper than a doctor, easy to get along
with, and can do most anything a doctor can, including stitches. We use
a private hospital when we must that is more willing to negotiate on
price. Be sure to make the negotiations up front. We use a midwife for
home births- safer, cheaper, healthier, better care and it is a
wonderful spiritual experience to boot.

Eat healthy. Avoid sugars, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils (its
in everything and allows fats to move directly into your blood stream),
homogenized milk (breaking up the complex fat molecules allows them to
move directly into your blood stream), white bread and other bad carbs.
We take another step of eliminating all trash eating animal meats: pork,
shellfish, etc. If you are a middle aged man be sure to add Saw Palmetto
(300 mg twice daily standardized extract) to your daily vitamin regimen
and you'll likely never have prostate trouble.

Find an Amish farmer that uses natural husbandry methods for his
livestock. Grass fed beef has a much healthier fat balance and gives
lower blood cholesterol. Free range chicken meat and eggs likewise has
numerous health benefits. And the one we use produces delicious chicken
and turkey sausages. You may be able to find one that will sell you a
share in a milk cow so you can get natural raw milk. If you are going to
drink milk that is the only way to do it.

Of course you could just do like most people: eat trash from the
convenience store or drive thru and take whatever drugs the HMO dr.
tells you to.

We are members of Samaritan Ministries, www.samaritanministries.com
<http://www.samaritanministries.com/> , sort of a shared expenses
cooperative. It is not insurance and it is only for those who profess to
be Christian. My cost is $225 a month to cover my whole family and my
payment goes directly to people who have a covered medical expense. The
home office every month sends me the name and address of who gets my
check for the month. I feel really good every month making out that
check because I know every dime of it is going directly to someone who
really needs it. Check out the website for more info.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802