false beats from ?? -...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:26:04 -0600

> I've had very good luck swabbing the bridge pin hole and wetting the pin
> with unthickened West System epoxy and then driving the pin back in. I'm
> not claiming that it is a better fix than CA, I don't have any
> data/trials to back that up, but it sure seems reasonable/logical to me
> that epoxy would be a more secure and longer-lasting fix. In fact, I do
> just that even on a new bridge.

I epoxy pins in new bridges too. The pins drive in easier, and it
supplies another layer of insurance against loose pins. I don't know
that it is a better or longer lasting approach than CA, but it's
handy and a lot less smelly. Also, I get nervous when swinging
hammers meet  pools of CA. Epoxy doesn't splash quite as easily.

> IMHO, if the bridge pin is not being yanked, then CA is the way to go.
> But if the bridge pin comes out, then epoxy goes in.
>
> Terry Farrell

I agree. It would seem that CAing a bridge pin with the string in
place would cause as many problems as it cures, but that doesn't
prove to be the case in real life. A happy discovery for tuners
faced with unacceptable bridge terminations.

Ron N