Or as I said in my previous post that nothing you do short of changing the ,false, overly stretched & deformed string will help. Any body out there tried ,this remedy? Or are we only going to consider the bridge pin/ca gule otion?, Cheers, Dale Erwin

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:16:08 +0100

Hi Dale

Again I agree with you.  Sometimes changing the string is the only thing
that helps.  Sometimes changing the string and cleaning up the front
termination does the trick.  And in both cases this can concern that
kind of falsness that pressure with a screwdriver on the bridge pin also
aliviates.

I, like many others today start often as not by checking with the
screwdriver trick and then apply a bit of CA... or more recently a
fairly thick blend of Cellulose laquer and thinner and move on from
there.  If I dont get a quick result with the laquer I will try cleaning
up the front termination a bit. And if that doesnt work I try moving the
string around the hitch pin... and finnally changing the string.
Sometimes  nothing seems to do the trick... most often I can get at
least some improvement... but frankly I find that perhaps 30 % of the
time at least some falseness remains or returns later.

Cheers
RicB