screws

TOM DRISCOLL tomtuner@verizon.net
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:05:30 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Skolnik=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:36 PM
  Subject: Re: screws

  The Bolt Depot Indude!
  I found the web site comfortingly organized and useful, however, the =
sample round head wood screws I ordered to consider as Steinway hammer =
flange screws were some of the sloppiest, unattractive examples I've =
seen in quite some time.  Very disappointing.  Anyone have a good supply =
of high quality round head wood screws?

  David Skolnik
     =20
  David,
      How disapointing !
      My only order was for #4 brass oval head screws and they were =
fine.
      I'm sorry to hear of your experience---especially since I was the =
guy who suggested them!
      I may stop by their store and check out the #16 and #18 flat head =
screws we use for Leg-Lyre type applications.
      Big, nasty and a little sloppy may not be so critical with the =
biguns' as compared to what you needed for those Steinway rails.
      Live and Learn,
      Tom Driscoll RPT
     =20
      How about :