screws

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 21:26:35 -0800

American Piano Supply?

JRW

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of TOM DRISCOLL
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:06 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: screws

----- Original Message -----

From: David <mailto:davidskolnik@optonline.net>  Skolnik

To: Pianotech <mailto:pianotech@ptg.org>

Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:36 PM

The Bolt Depot Indude!
I found the web site comfortingly organized and useful, however, the sample
round head wood screws I ordered to consider as Steinway hammer flange
screws were some of the sloppiest, unattractive examples I've seen in quite
some time.  Very disappointing.  Anyone have a good supply of high quality
round head wood screws?

David Skolnik

David,

    How disapointing !

    My only order was for #4 brass oval head screws and they were fine.

    I'm sorry to hear of your experience---especially since I was the guy
who suggested them!

    I may stop by their store and check out the #16 and #18 flat head screws
we use for Leg-Lyre type applications.

    Big, nasty and a little sloppy may not be so critical with the biguns'
as compared to what you needed for those Steinway rails.

    Live and Learn,

    Tom Driscoll RPT

    How about :

    http://www.mcmaster.com/