wurzen testimonial

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:05:00 -0800

Jason,
Thanks for sharing your customer's resounding affirmation of your work=20=

and the impact that switching front rail punchings can have.  In his=20
email, your customer writes "bushings" when he refers to the Crescendo=20=

punchings.  His comments  dovetail with the feedback I have been=20
getting from technicians all across the continent. See:
http://www.pianofortesupply.com/cresc.testimonia.html

Doesn't it feel good to go beyond satisfying even the most demanding=20
customers!

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
info@pianofortesupply.com

On Dec 7, 2005, at 8:49 AM, Jason Kanter wrote:

> Monday I partially regulated a ten-year-old Steinway B for an=20
> extraordinarily accomplished pianist.=A0I replaced the front rail=20
> punchings with Wurzen Crescendo conical punchings, lubricated all the=20=

> key pins, applied alcohol to the hammer flanges and=A0teflon to the=20
> knuckles, lightly filed the hammers, raised the hammer line slightly,=20=

> and adjusted letoff. The owner called me on Tuesday to thank me=20
> profusely - he loves it. He then sent me this email:
> =A0
> "The firmer felt bushings increase feedback and facilitate=20
> consistency. Along with the softer hammers, I find it easier to=20
> produce consistent volume during high velocity playing and trills,=20
> particularly in the middle volume ranges. There is a more decided=20
> finish to the key strike, which I find very satisfying. I also feel=20
> more confident in my playing. It is hard to say how much is related to=20=

> the bushings and how much to the capstan and let-off adjustments. In=20=

> any case, the end result is a resounding success."
> =A0
> /

> Jason Kanter . jkanter@rollingball.com
> Piano tuning, regulation, repair