Mail-list weirdness?

terryb t46xd8jb@xplornet.com
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 10:03:18 -0600

Living away out in the boon docks of Northern Manitoba, I have =
satellite. It isn't as fast as DSL, but it is really marvelous compared =
to dial-up. Speed is 512k down and 256k upload. Sure beats the 4k to 5k =
that I got with dial up. It is expensive ($62.95/mo) but you can have up =
to 5 email addresses on the same account. Therefore my wife and I both =
use it and share the cost. In that way it is no more expensive than the =
two dial up accounts that we used to have.

Terry Beckingham RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: BobDavis88@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 12:19 AM
  Subject: Re: Mail-list weirdness?

  In a message dated 12/3/2005 7:30:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, =
pianotuna@yahoo.com writes:
    For some folks there are few choices for an isp
  Including me. Altough we live only 1 mile north of the city limits of =
a town of 200,000, we're stuck with 26K dial-up. I can't tell you how =
slow that is once you've used cable. Cable stops at the city limit, and =
a mile north of us. We're too far away from a telephone repeater to get =
DSL. We seem to be outside of the range of two wireless towers by a few =
hundred yards. Satellite costs $600 up front and a 15-month commitment =
at $60/month, and I don't know anyone who has it, so I can't ask how =
happy they are. Anyone used either wireless or dish?

  Bob Davis