Mail-list weirdness?

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 08:20:11 -0600

Bob:

=20

I have fixed wireless out in the country in East Texas.  I get an
average of 587 kbs download and 614 kbs upload.  (I've run speed tests
165 times in the past 4 months and those are the averages.  Yes, I know
that's irrational!)  Overall I'm very happy with the service.  Actually
there are two other companies covering this area so there are choices.
I'd really recommend calling one and get them to run a test of signal
strength rather than just guess by looking at a map.  So much depends on
terrain and obstructions that a map of estimated signal strength won't
tell you much.  My download speed is somewhat faster than the DSL we had
before we moved, and the upload speed is MUCH faster.  The cost is only
$39.95 a month and I save further by having a VOIP phone using that
internet connection and that only costs $14.99 a month.

=20

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.

=20

dp

=20

David M. Porritt