Mail-list weirdness?

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 04 Dec 2005 12:12:27

Hi Terry,

This is from the faq at xplornet

"What is Transmission Latency?

Latency refers to the time it takes for signals to travel to and from the
satellite. (Any signal you send from your computer via satellite has to
travel over 22,000 miles to space and back again on both the forward and
return trip in order to deliver your information.) This typically creates a
sub-second lag. For this reason, Xplornet's satellite service may not be
ideal for any Internet activity requiring real time data. (Examples
include: Online trading and gaming. Essentially any online activity
requiring real-time data transfers)"

For those that might find this service useful here is a url:

http://xplornet.com/

At 11:35 AM 12/4/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>What is the problem with synchronization? XPLORNET is both upload and
>download via satellite, whereas I believe ExpressVue is only download. I
>have not had any problems at all. XPLORNET has only been available since
>September but the equipment is flying off the shelves here.
>
>Terry

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7