Mail-list weirdness?

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 01:19:23 EST

In a message dated 12/3/2005 7:30:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianotuna@yahoo.com writes:
For some folks there are few choices for an isp
Including me. Altough we live only 1 mile north of the city limits of a town
of 200,000, we're stuck with 26K dial-up. I can't tell you how slow that is
once you've used cable. Cable stops at the city limit, and a mile north of us.
We're too far away from a telephone repeater to get DSL. We seem to be outside
of the range of two wireless towers by a few hundred yards. Satellite costs
$600 up front and a 15-month commitment at $60/month, and I don't know anyone
who has it, so I can't ask how happy they are. Anyone used either wireless or
dish?

Bob Davis