Petrifying process of wood

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:21:03 +0100

Hi List,

Some months ago, we evoked the petrifying process of wood in the =
soundboard, resulting a loss of vibration ability, and thus a loss of =
power.

Where can I find another information about this?=20

Can this petrification be accelerated because of humidity and =
temperature conditions, or even because of the playing of the piano?

At what age can a soundboard be considered as "petrified", so that it =
has to be changed to get a good sound out of the piano?

Thanks,

Quentin