Spindle sander

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:52:06 -0800

Hi Carl,

Of course I remember you.  Most notably for your hand ball that I've used
for years on one of my tuning hammers and your wonderful key leveling set
up.  I'm not interested in any sort of sanding machine at this time.  Just
wanted some info about Jon's particular set-up.  Thanks,

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT

Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal

 <mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net> mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Carl Meyer
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:58 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Spindle sander

Hello, Jeannie.  I met you at the Reno natl convention.  I hope you remember
my demo of my hammer sander. Picture attached.

I sold a few and now Mother Goose tools are selling them.

There are many ways to skin a cat and I really don't want to see any of
them.  I don't skin many cats these days.  Even if Joe in Oregon hates them.

My sander grinds those puppies down to the core ( if you want to in jig
time), It can favor either shoulder or the strike point and you can do it in
20 minutes in an upright action in a cradle.  Easier  for a grand.

I provided a video tape (now obsolete) and now I have no incentive to update
it.

Selling to Piano techs is a hard sell.  I'm opting out.

Carl Meyer PTG assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.