Petrifying process of wood

jonathan stuchell jstuchell@verizon.net
Sat, 03 Dec 2005 14:22:42 -0500

                 Isnt it mainly a matter of time leading to =
petrification?  That would be like trying to sober up a drunk quicker !
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Quentin Codevelle=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:21 PM
  Subject: Petrifying process of wood

  Hi List,

  Some months ago, we evoked the petrifying process of wood in the =
soundboard, resulting a loss of vibration ability, and thus a loss of =
power.

  Where can I find another information about this?=20

  Can this petrification be accelerated because of humidity and =
temperature conditions, or even because of the playing of the piano?

  At what age can a soundboard be considered as "petrified", so that it =
has to be changed to get a good sound out of the piano?

  Thanks,

  Quentin