Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:57:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 2:47 AM

> That said.. I will be the first to admit that those who have mastered the
> <<art>> of mushy hammers being laquered to tone accomplish something
> entirely different then the inexperienced tech with his bottles of keytops
> and acetone.

Well, now Rick, isnt' that the point?  If a person knows what they are doing
those hammers can sound great.  And if a tech resides in the US and wants to
be successful, he or she had better learn how to handle all types of
hammers.  It's really not <<impossible>>.  ;-)   I can just imagine the
scenario of walking into every hardened hammer situation and telling the
owners that they need a new set of hammers.   Wow, I'd really be
popular........ahem.  :-)

Barbara Richmond