Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:05:53 +0100

Hi  Barbara

There certainly is a point to being able to make the best out of any
given situation. But we keep mixing discussions up when we get into this
particular voicing issue. In attempt to seperate some of the P's from
some of the Q's, just let me say that given the situation where I am
able to choose what new hammers to put on an instrument, I will always
choose hammers that need needling rather then lacquer.  High quality
hammers mind you... those rock hard sorts that dont respond to anything
but a dunk in the nearest swimming pool.

The reason for this choice that each of us has to make is a seperate
discussion from that of whether or not one should be familiar with how
to handle lacquer in the first place... yes ??

Cheers
RicB