micrometer source

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:22:23 -0400

>I'm not as sure about the multi-anvil kind, from looking at the
>pictures.  It seems that only one side of the anvil can be replaced, while
>the other end is a flat-end rod.  Wouldn't you then have to force the
>strings apart to work the anvil end underneath?

Cy,

The disk type looks like it would work too.

I was thinking more along the lines of the tip of the
anvil going in at 45 degrees from above, not trying to
get all the way underneath.

I.e., as in the original picture I referenced
(http://www.pianostrings.com/howtoorder2.html)
but with the micrometer rotated about 45 degrees
counterclockwise.

Maybe someone has
tried it????

-Mark