Low end Yamaha and Kawai pianos

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:24:49 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/04 8:54:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos@comcast.net writes:

> Any body familiar with the low end models of Yamaha and Kawai who can
> recommend a favorite model for a person with a reduced budget.  I just
> don't see enough of them to have any service familiarity.

David,

I service alot of Kawais.  For the money, I  think the k18 and k25 are decent
instruments.  I service dozens of them and have few problems.  They play
evenly and tune nicely and are usually a tad less harsh sounding than the lower
end Yamahas.  Regulation is usually decent out of the box, though they almost
inevitably arrive in the showroom sharp.

Dave Stahl