Dance Floor anyone?

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:28:59 -0500

Joe,

Believe me, gutting and redesigning would be the answer.  It's not going =
to happen any time soon--if ever!  So, in the mean time.......I'm trying =
my best.

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 5:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Dance Floor anyone?

  Barbara said: "Why amplify?  Because the hall is huge (just under =
3500--two balconies) =3D
  and so dead acoustically that you can't hear the piano beyond the 10th =
=3D
  row--or so I've been told by more than one person."

  Barbara,
  the Whole scenario sounds much like our "beloved" Snitzer Hall, =
Portland OR! Same idiocy! They remodled a perfectly nice, aucoustically =
balanced Theatre, into a performance "Hall". Since then noone can hear =
diddly. I swear, the aucoustics morons seem to strike everywhere!=20
  IMO, your situation needs to have some more of the Acoustics idiots =
try and resolve the problem "globally", not just for the piano. Sounds =
to me like they made a performance hall look pretty and forgot about the =
fact that Performances require good acoustics!!!!Duh! I'd put it back in =
some higher mucky-muck's lap, 'cause I'm willing to bet that the poor =
piano is just fine and is projecting as well as it is possible to do. =
Bottom line, Fix The Hall Morons!
  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I

  P.S.
  If my postings of late, seem to be a bit caustic...I apologize...I'm =
trying to quit my Cigar habit! Grrrrrr!