Dance Floor anyone?

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:20:58 -0700

Barbara said: "Why amplify?  Because the hall is huge (just under =
3500--two balconies) =3D
and so dead acoustically that you can't hear the piano beyond the 10th =
=3D
row--or so I've been told by more than one person."

Barbara,
the Whole scenario sounds much like our "beloved" Snitzer Hall, Portland =
OR! Same idiocy! They remodled a perfectly nice, aucoustically balanced =
Theatre, into a performance "Hall". Since then noone can hear diddly. I =
swear, the aucoustics morons seem to strike everywhere!=20
IMO, your situation needs to have some more of the Acoustics idiots try =
and resolve the problem "globally", not just for the piano. Sounds to me =
like they made a performance hall look pretty and forgot about the fact =
that Performances require good acoustics!!!!Duh! I'd put it back in some =
higher mucky-muck's lap, 'cause I'm willing to bet that the poor piano =
is just fine and is projecting as well as it is possible to do. Bottom =
line, Fix The Hall Morons!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

P.S.
If my postings of late, seem to be a bit caustic...I apologize...I'm =
trying to quit my Cigar habit! Grrrrrr!