Practicing on a not so good piano: was RE: tax deductions?

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:38:19 -0700 (PDT)

Ah! It reminds me of my years of frustration using the inferior, budget voicing tools that the supply houses produced. I was always breaking and bending needles. Then I finally broke down and spent the hundred bucks on a good one and I suddenly began to actually enjoy voicing! I go months sometimes without breaking a needle!

Its not that you can't voice with a crappy tool. And you could argue that the inferior tool will make your voicing experience all the sweeter when you upgrade.

But if you really want to enjoy your work, don't be a cheapskate.

Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
Hi Ric,

If you like poor so well--I've got a goose neck piano hammer for you--with
a *really* worn non removeable tip. And I'll only charge you eleventy
million US dollars for it (shipping and batteries NOT included). *grin* It
would be perfect for that wonderful new Yamaha Piano!

At 11:22 PM 25/09/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>To begin with...
>Mathew never got a chance to clarify what he meant by <
>at least not clearly... nobody really gave him a chance. Secondly...
>the truely <
> side of the question is simply not interesting
>to discuss... tho perhaps entertaining from a food fight perspective if
>you get my meaning :).

>Cheers
>RicB

Regards,