Practicing on a not so good piano: was RE: tax deductions?

daniel sicardi tcscotch@comcast.net
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:15:19 -0400

"The best piano for someone is the best piano that they can get."

Ian Fairweather

I wish I could come up with quotes as good as that one

That is so true! The first piano that I got was a free Kranich and Bach. It
was free! A full upright! I paid for the move out of money from my paper
route! The more that I played the more furniture was moved into the room I
was playing the piano in! When I told my parents that the piano was out of
tune , they gave me a tuning fork and a wrench!

Ten years later, I was on tour and a recording musician.

My kid.... When it was her turn? She got a free Kimball Console that had
nothing other than a water stain and a broken string. She...... Well We have
a tuner come over every four to six months.

By the way I don't tune it!