Laptops vs ETD's

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:43:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Ilex,

First, let me say that once you start using the ETD,
it's quite possible that you will not want o go back
to aural tuning if you don't have to.  (BTW, in my
terminolgy ETD is any electronic tuning device, incl.
the pocket pc.)

I would say that the Cybertuner is very convenient for
the things you intend to do.  It's excellent for a
professional who needs an efficient, fast tool and
doesn't always wish to analyze the dark secrets of a
poorly designed scale.

I do however like Tunelab just as well, because I like
to experiment and study the measurement results.  It
would be best if you could see a demonstration of the
two programs.

As far as those spinets... I don't know if any help is
on the way.

Vladan

great topic! but what would you recommend for an aural
tuner who just wants
something to a) check their tunings by once in a
while, b) run quick
pitchraises, and c) make the task of tuning warped
little spinets less
aggravating?