Octave Tuning

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:39:04 +0100

Yes Dean. That is correcto.

To take things a step further.... to insure a very nice eveness its wise
to use several chromatic runs when checking through the final time. I
find that if you run chromatic triple, double and single octaves, and
12ths and 19ths and just listen for eveness, that any note that is
slightly off, yet seemingly ok by any given single test will stick out
on one or more of those chromatic runs. Adjust as necessary any that
stick out so that they fit nicely into all these chromatic runs.

Cheers
RicB