free tunings

Matthew Todd pianotech88@yahoo.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Does it happen often that the client forgets about the appointment, and you go to the home only to find them gone, and your out the money?

Matthew

Piannaman@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 9/21/04 5:19:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, piano57@flash.net writes:

My experience  (especially when I was working for a dealer) was that I kept almost all the dealer tunings/referrals because I booked the next appointment right then and there (just like the dentist).   The method works remarkably well.

Barbara Richmond

----- Original Message -----
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: free tunings

Carol,

You are correct in the fantastic business opportunity suggestion.  Having been in sales for sometime, I consider customer relations my strong suit.  That's why it's extremely frustrating when I go out of my way to do the job as well as possible AND to be very professional about it, I get irked when it doesn't pay off.  But that's often the nature of dealer work.

The hard part is finding a that customer that you thought you'd bonded with has looked elsewhere.  Learning to not take that sort of thing personally is the lesson here.

Thanks for your valuable insights,

Carol,

I do try to book 6 months in advance as much as possible.  Some people just claim that life in Silicon Valley is too durned hectic, and could I remind them in 6 months.  I think I'll be a bit more aggressive about it.  Having a steady income booked half a year in advance would be nice.

Thanks again,

Dave S.