CA glue

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:15:03 -0400

If you go to http://www.westsystem.com and click on "Product =
Information" and then "Typical Physical Properties" you will get a bunch =
of info describing tensile and compressive strengths and hardness of =
West System epoxies. I would imagine CA manufacturers might have similar =
data on their products.

Anyone seeking info on epoxy really should spend some time on the West =
System web site. It is packed with all sorts of info. I find myself =
constantly going back to it to check various details or look for an idea =
when faced with an application dilemma.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 3:41 PM
  Subject: RE: CA glue

  Maybe harder isn't the best way to express it.  Resistance to =
compression is what I'm thinking of.  While in the case of a loose =
bridge pin where the space is very small CA seems to work fine (though I =
think epoxy is better assuming you have a way of delivering it) CA is =
not really designed for "gap filling" in spite of the label on the =
bottle. =20

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20