Epoxy glue in Europe ?

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:08:38 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> Epoxy does not dry, it cures - it undergoes a chemical reaction. David
> Love likely got it right - epoxy can be very sensitive to having the
> exact proportion of resin and hardener correct. When mixing medium and
> large quantities of epoxy, volumetric measurement methods are usually
> sufficient. But with smaller quantities it is best (pretty much
> required) to weigh the proportions on an adequate scale to get the
> proper mix.

Grin.... reminds me of a fellow tech here in Bergen who wanted to try
epoxy fill of soundboard cracks.  He isnt always so clever at listening
to or reading directions.  He used West System epoxy to do the job...
but mixed it 50-50 instead of 5 to 1.  Restrung and put back together 6
months later there was still gummy epoxy being pushed out and dripping
down....  I am not sure whether or not he ever got around to redoing the
job... he was a bit depressed about the whole thing... hehe..

Cheers
RicB