Epoxy glue in Europe ?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:42:38 -0400

Epoxy does not dry, it cures - it undergoes a chemical reaction. David =
Love likely got it right - epoxy can be very sensitive to having the =
exact proportion of resin and hardener correct. When mixing medium and =
large quantities of epoxy, volumetric measurement methods are usually =
sufficient. But with smaller quantities it is best (pretty much =
required) to weigh the proportions on an adequate scale to get the =
proper mix.

Bernard is correct that epoxy can require several days to cure =
completely, but most epoxies cure to about 98% of their final hardness =
in less than a day.

Whereas one day should be sufficient time for most epoxies to cure =
adequately in the application you describe, when I have epoxy-repaired =
bridges, I have let the epoxy cure for at least two days - preferably =
longer.=20

I am not familiar with the properties and cure times for Araldite 2013. =
That info should be available from the manufacturer.

West System products are available in Europe (even Old Europe!)

I forget which country you are in, but here are a couple sources:

France:

Boero Colori France
BP 242 Rue Newton
17012 LA ROCHELLE CEDEX 01
Tel: +33 546281010
Fax: +33 546281015

Germany:

 M.u.H. von der Linden
PO Box 100543
D46465 WESEL
Tel: +49 281 33830-0
Fax: +49 281 26503
email: service@vonderlinden.de

The NETHERLANDS
  Epifanes / W. Heeren & Zoon BV
  1430 AD Aalsmeer
  Tel: +31 297 360366
  Fax: +31 297 342078

  NORWAY
    WEST SYSTEM Norge A/S
    Gjerdrums vei 12
    0486 OSLO
    Tel: +47 22233500
    Fax: +47 22180604

    SWEDEN
      Armatech
      Box 158
      Finntorpsvagen 7
      131 08 NACKA
      Tel: +46 8 7169199
      Fax: +46 8 7169159

      UNITED KINGDOM
              Marinac Yacht Fittings, Ltd
              24-26 Boswell Square
              Hillington Indust'l Estate
              Glasgow G52 4BQ
              Tel: 01418-838723
              Fax: 01418-834638 Marine & Indust'l Sealants
              Keepers Cove, Westwick Hill
              North Walsham, Norfolk
              Tel: 01692-538263
              Fax: 01692-538692=20
              Robbins Timber
              Units 12-18 Brookgate
              Ashton Vale Trading Estate
              Bristol BS3 2UN
              Tel: 0117 963 3136
              Fax: 0117 963 7927 Simpson-Lawrence Ltd
              218/228 Edmiston Dr
              Glasgow G51 2YT
              Tel: 01414-300 9100
              Fax: 01414-275419=20
              Simpson-Lawrence Ltd
              Unit G, Fort Wallington
              Fareham, Hampshire PO15 8TT
              Tel: 01329-823300
              Fax: 01329-823282 Sowester
              Stingsford Rd, Nuffield Industrial Estate
              Poole, Dorset BH17 OSW
              Tel: 01202 667700
              Fax: 01202 668585=20
              Wessex Resins & Adhesives Ltd.