Drill press

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 06:50:14 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0073_01C49AF0.40C1FCA0
I have used my little itty-bitty Sears Crapsman for several years now - =
just a benchtop model - and it seems to work well. I like Ron N.'s idea =
of the radial drill press. Be aware that the chuck is often the weakest =
link with respect to dirll bit runout. When I buy a drill press, I plan =
on purchasing a good after-market chuck. I think I paid about $70 for my =
drill press and about $95 for a good chuck. The good chuck eliminates =
any excessive runout that is common on cheap drill presses. This really =
becomes important when drilling pinblocks.

Terry Farrell

www.farrellpiano.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:01 PM
  Subject: Drill press

  Hi folks,

  Well, twice in my previous life I had or had access to a drill press.  =
It's time for me to buy one (again---ahem).  I was thinking that this =
one from Sears looked pretty nifty with the laser trac that shows =
exactly where the bit will land.   Any comments or suggestions?

  Thanks,

  Barbara Richmond

        Craftsman 15 in. Drill Press with Laser Trac =20

        Sears item #00922925000 Mfr. model #229250 =20

        2/3 hp max developed motor, 12 speed (250-3100), Laser Trac =
laser attachment, left/right feed handle. 5/8 in. keyed chuck, sliding =
extension table, Rack And Pinion Table Elevation. Learn more=20
         =20
        =20
      =20
        =20
                   =20
            =20
                  =20
                  =20
                      a.. LASER TRAC laser attachment uses an X/Y axis =
to mark your work piece=20
                      b.. Dual mounting position of Feed Handle =
(left/right) for more versatile operation=20
                      c.. 13-15/16 x 13-15/64 in. Table bevels 45 =
degrees and swivels 360 degrees
                  =20
                       =20
                  =20