Drill press

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:37:27 -0500

>Hi folks,
>
>Well, twice in my previous life I had or had access to a drill
>press.  It's time for me to buy one (again---ahem).  I was thinking that
>this one from Sears looked pretty nifty with the laser trac that shows
>exactly where the bit will land.   Any comments or suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barbara Richmond

Barb,
If I was looking for a replacement for my old Rockwell, I think I'd
consider this guy.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G7945
Having used a radial lo these many years, I'm spoiled by the versatility.
Lasers are, like Jim said, good for dedicated machine setup for an infinite
repetitive task. As a general purrpose tool, they're great for entertaining
the cats.

Ron N