Drill press

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:14:54 EDT

In a message dated 15/09/04 4:02:40 AM, piano57@flash.net writes:

<< the laser trac that shows exactly where the bit will land. >>

Barb the laser track thingee works very well 'if' you are drilling with the
same bit, inserted the same distance in the chuck, and drilling in the same
thickness material...otherwise it needs to be set up/adjusted/calibrated for each
use. It might be just the thingee if you are drilling a set of hammer shanks
without a drilling jig...otherwise I don't think that  the laser thingee on a
drill press is very useful...just my opinion of course and mileage will differ.
Jim Bryant (FL)

by set up I mean that the thinner the laser line/spot is the more accurate it
will be