[examiner]ETD exam

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:15:27 -0700

R.

One cent in the temperement range.   I think tuning by ear and=
 then checking each note tuned with your ETD is a great way to=
 hone in what to listen for.   Next would be to tune an entire=
 temperement by ear on one string and tune the same temperement=
 with ETD on another string and compare.

David I.

From: lgulli2586 <lgulli2586@rogers.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: [examiner]ETD exam

Personaly, I like to tune a note, then check wuth the EDT,=
 Sanderson SAT. I dont know how a PTG test is judged, but I get=
 lights pretty close to stopped...then measure in cents how far=
 off ...It seems according to the exam testing, depending which=
 octave you are in, you could be from 1.9 cents and more off=
 before losing points. Am I understanding this or confused.
Richard