Fwd: Pinning on new flanges:a proposed experiment

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:32:25 +1000

Hi Vladan,

Sorry for my delay in responding to your post.

>Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:22:42 -0700 (PDT)
>From: V T <pianovt@yahoo.com>
>Hello Ron,
>
>My knowledge of your action is very limited;  I think
>you have modified the geometry for better tangential
>contact between the levers.

Indeed, all lever contacts with the exception of the jack tail with
the letoff button, contact on the line of centres at half blow. The
jack tail approximates a rolling action across the face of the
lett-off button. Therefore, there is no need for any slip coating to
be placed on the jack tail with our action.

>   I wonder what friction
>weight your actions have.  I am using David Stanwood's
>terminology here (DW-UW)/2.  Could you let us know?

Typically with a down-weight of 50 grams the up-weight will be 35 grams.

Best,
Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY