WHere's Waldo

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:03:42 -0400

Re: [Files] WHere's Waldo (was Big hammers) (Modified byHmmmmm, sounds =
like the bridge fits in right well with the rest of the piano!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jason kanter=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 4:21 PM
  Subject: Re: WHere's Waldo

  Sorry, it is in fact the bass end of the long bridge.

  It's a 4'9" grand manufactured in 1924. Supposedly wasn't tuned for 20 =
years, though it seems to have had a new set of hammers since then - =
hard for me to imagine a tech replacing the hammers but not tuning the =
piano. Action was seriously stiff - not even one swing per hammer. I =
treated this with center pin lubricant and freed them up to become =
playable. Old style wippens as recently described here on another =
Brambach. Six of the letoff buttons have their eye screws broken off. =
It's a family heirloom that only visiting guests play.=20

  My assessment was to do absolutely minimal work to get it to sound and =
feel somewhat like a piano. They're happy. But that bridge bothers me.