In defense of Brambachs

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:26:03 -0700 (PDT)

Brambachs were the "Model T" of the piano world. No
frills, but functonal. And much better than the
spinets of later years !!!!!
   Last year I found a well-preserved example for
$200, which the Historical Society bought. I worked on
it for a day and then played a 6 hour gig. Many
costlier pianos would have torn me up in 6 hours, but
this thing  was smooth and a joy to play throughout
the "Tour of Homes".  Then they gave it to me.
    Brambachs allowed people of modest means to have a
 grand. When new I suspect they were more fun to play
than many mid-price uprights are, today!
     Thump