OT Politicalz

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:01:39 -0700

<<Terry,

  I truly feel sorry for your gross ignorance and &quot;pie-in-the-sky&quot;
naivety. I
hope you take off your blinders soon and face reality.

David Ilvedson>>

You truly show your obvious lack of creativity when you have to plagerize my
post, then sign your name to it. Sad.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: David Ilvedson &lt;ilvey@sbcglobal.net&gt;
To: &lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;
Subject: Re: OT Politicals
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:16:20 -0700

Terry,

----- Original message ----------------------------------------&gt;
From: pianolover 88 &lt;pianolover88@hotmail.com&gt;
To: &lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;

&gt;&lt;&lt;John Kerry is the prototypical American, who would have found
good company
&gt;with our nation's founders.  He is the very essence of a patriot.

&gt;Peace,
&gt;Sarah&gt;&gt;

&gt;I truly feel sorry for your gross ignorance and
&quot;pie-in-the-sky&quot; naievity. I
&gt;hope you take off your blinders soon and face reality.

&gt;Peace
&gt;Terry Peterson

&gt;----Original Message Follows----
&gt;From: &amp;quot;Sarah Fox&amp;quot;
&amp;lt;sarah@graphic-fusion.com&amp;gt;
&gt;Reply-To: Pianotech &amp;lt;pianotech@ptg.org&amp;gt;
&gt;To: &amp;quot;Pianotech&amp;quot; &amp;lt;pianotech@ptg.org&amp;gt;
&gt;Subject: Re: OT Political
&gt;Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:44:02 -0400

&gt;Geez Louise!

&gt;Larry, Conrad, etc....

&gt;&amp;quot;ANTI-AMERICAN&amp;quot; activities?

&gt;&amp;quot;UNPATRIOTIC?&amp;quot;

&gt;Just what do you think patriotism is?  Just what do you think it means
to be
&gt;an American -- a good, loyal American?

&gt;Do you think our country was founded by docile sheep, who mindlessly
&gt;followed the dictates of King George and paid their tea taxes like good
&gt;little subjects?  NO!  Our country and government (like most countries
and
&gt;governments) was born from a rebellion.  Our founders recognized that
their
&gt;government was unjust, despite the fact the &amp;quot;law&amp;quot; said
otherwise.
&gt;This is how our founders explained themselves in a little letter to King
&gt;George, with bold facing added for emphasis:

&gt;&amp;quot;We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are
created
&gt;equal...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of
these
&gt;ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to
&gt;institute new Government... But when a long train of abuses and
usurpations,
&gt;pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them
under
&gt;absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off
such
&gt;Government...&amp;quot;

&gt;Our founders did not look to the law to know what was wrong and right.
&gt;Nobody had to TELL them they were being treated unjustly by Britain.
These
&gt;truths were self-evident.  It was therefore the DUTY of these people to
&gt;question unjust laws and policies and to rebel against them.  Why was it
&gt;their duty?  Very simply, they were morally obligated to correct what
they
&gt;saw as being wrong with their state of affairs and the state of affairs
of
&gt;their fellow colonists.  They were morally charged to right what they
&gt;believed deeply to be a wrong.  This is what it means to be a patriot --
&gt;love one's land and people enough to take the risk necessary to improve
it.
&gt;Patriotism isn't about loving what your government is doing, whether it
is
&gt;right or wrong.  Patriotism isn't about blindly and unquestioningly
&gt;following laws that may or may not be just.  These are the qualities of
&gt;sheep, not patriots.

&gt;Patriots are people like Rosa Parks, who refused to sit at the back of
the
&gt;bus, knowing she would probably be arrested for defying authority.
Patriots
&gt;are people like the mayors throughout this land who have defied the
&gt;&amp;quot;Defense&amp;quot; of Marriage Act and have married gay couples
because
&gt;they believed the law to be unjust.  Patriots are people like the
&gt;&amp;quot;right to choose&amp;quot; activists and the &amp;quot;right to
life&amp;quot;
&gt;activists, who may be on opposite sides of the issue but both believe
&gt;fervently in their cause.  Patriots are the citizen lobbyists who stream
&gt;constantly into Washington to try to change laws they feel are unjust.
&gt;Patriots are the conscientious objectors who refuse to pick up rifles
and
&gt;march off to war, opting instead to go to prison if necessary, because
they
&gt;feel war is wrong.  Patriots are the young men and women who enlist in
the
&gt;military, putting their lives on the line in service to their country.
&gt;Patriots are the Peace Corps volunteers, many/most opposed to war, who
often
&gt;put their safety on the line in hostile lands in pursuit of American
ideals
&gt;and for betterment of the world.  Patriots are the Habitats for Humanity
&gt;volunteers who put in long, hard hours to elevate the living conditions
of
&gt;the ever-growing ranks of impoverished countrymen.  Patriots are the
people
&gt;who run the soup kitchens for their homeless countrymen.

&gt;Patriotism isn't simply waving a flag and mindlessly saying,
&amp;quot;God bless
&gt;America.&amp;quot;  Patriotism isn't showing up at the Fourth of July
parades.
&gt;Patriotism isn't voting Republican or Democratic.

&gt;True patriotism is seldom easy, and it almost never comes without
sacrifice.

&gt;Certain things are UNpatriotic:  It is UNpatriotic to &amp;quot;vote for
one's
&gt;pocketbook&amp;quot; (i.e. vote out of self interest), without concern
for the
&gt;ramifications for larger society.  It is UNpatriotic to break the law
for
&gt;personal gain.  It is UNpatriotic to lie, cheat, and steal at a cost to
the
&gt;well-being of one's countrymen.  It is UNpatriotic not to vote.  It is
&gt;UNpatriotic not to speak out when you feel something is wrong.  It is
&gt;UNpatriotic to blindly obey laws you feel are morally wrong.  It is
&gt;UNpatriotic to hold a public office and not use that position to fight
like
&gt;hell for the betterment of America.  It is UNpatriotic NOT to question
&gt;authority.  It is UNpatriotic not to consider the larger implications of
any
&gt;issue.  It is UNpatriotic not to think.  It is UNpatriotic not to act.
It
&gt;is UNpatriotic to be inert -- a &amp;quot;sheep.&amp;quot;

&gt;It is UNpatriotic to accuse a person of being UNpatriotic or UN-American
for
&gt;doing whatever his heart of hearts -- his deepest conscience -- tells
him is
&gt;the right thing to do.  It is UNpatriotic to accuse someone of being
&gt;anti-American, just because he doesn't conform to your point of view.
(How
&gt;DARE you?!)

&gt;John Kerry is anything but unpatriotic or un-American.  There's more
patriot
&gt;in that man than we've seen from either major party in a long, long
time!
&gt;That is the thing that most stands out about him.  He passionately wants
&gt;make this land a better place.  What better thing could one say about
the
&gt;man?  He's not in it for the money.  He's not in it to be ruler of the
&gt;world.  He's not in it for the power trip.  He's in it because he loves
&gt;America with all his heart.

&gt;John Kerry is the prototypical American, who would have found good
company
&gt;with our nation's founders.  He is the very essence of a patriot.

&gt;Peace,
&gt;Sarah

&gt;Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
&gt;http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/