OT Political

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:35:31 -0700

My sincere compliments to Larry for remaining civil, and especially to Sarah
for pulling this discussion out of the flames and keeping it a truly
worthwhile examination of our political heritage. May your behavior serve as
an example for all future inlammatory email.

The election will happen soon, and no doubt there will be more events
causing further discussion along these lines. So it's too much to ask the
topic to be closed now. I DO hope, however, that ... before Thanksgiving?
... we will be able to civilly conclude this and get back to piano work...

And I ask both of you to do what you can to come to a conclusion,
inconclusive though it may be.

| |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |
| | |   | |
Jason Kanter . piano tuning regulation repair
jkanter@rollingball.com . cell 425 830 1561
serving the eastside and the san juans
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Sarah Fox
  Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 1:25 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Re: OT Political

  Larry,

  >I wouldn't put a lot of money on that if I were you.

  We already have lots of money riding on it, whether we like it or not!

  This conflict in Iraq has cost every citizen nearly $1000 in DOD
expenditures and lots more money in fuel costs.  Another four years will
cost us much more.

  Meanwhile, the stock market crash, following from widespread corporate
fraud, such as committed by Cheney's Enron, has sapped the more fiscally
responsible people of their hard-earned savings and their old age security.

  The proposed tax cuts that will go mostly to the wealthy will create a
revenue shortfall that must eventually be reconciled.  Who will eventually
pay the piper?  I suspect it will be the little guy, who will have to suffer
deep cuts in Social Security and Medicare, into which he/she has invested a
lifetime of payments.  Meanwhile, corporate America will have reaped most of
the savings.  This is yet another hidden way that tax cuts can be used to
screw the lower and middle classes, while duping them into thinkiing they've
gotten something for nothing.

  So yes, we all have a LOT of money on the line -- tens or hundreds of
thousands of dollars for most common folks.

  Peace,
  Sarah