re. OT Political

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@charter.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:00:09 -0500

I feel the same way about President Bush as Sarah does about Kerry.  =
Does that mean I'm unpatiotic?  We can't have it both ways.  President =
Bush inherited an economy that was on its way down.  The stock market =
didn't take its nosedive because George W. Bush was elected President.  =
Clinton should take credit for that--he was in a White House closet with =
his pants unzipped with a female intern and then lying to the American =
people about it when he should have been attending to the affairs of =
state.   When 9/11 came along President Bush was magnificent in his =
approach to the problem.  Unbelievably he was criticized about, when he =
first heard the news, finishing the last few minutes of reading to some =
school children and then excusing himself, rather than rushing out =
immediately and panicking those children.  I couldn't have done it.

He has been roundly criticized for going to war in Iraq when those who =
criticize him agreed at the time that we needed to do that.  He has been =
criticized for landing on an aircraft carrier that portrayed a sign that =
said "Major combat operations were over" when they were.  Major combat =
operations included the use of all four of the branches of the armed =
services.  After that  day only the army and marines were in combat in =
Iraq.  In my estimation major combat operations were over, regardless of =
the number of casualties.  He has had the tenacity to stick to the war =
in Iraq instead of cutting and running like some politicians want to do. =
 And one other thing about Iraq, when strategic countries in the UN =
blocked President Bush from going into Iraq, he gathered up a coalition =
of nations and went in.  Now we find that those countries who tried to =
block President Bush were illegally benefiting from the "Oil for food" =
program that the UN tried to make like it was working.  And our soldiers =
have been killed and maimed by French munitions.  No wonder the French =
tried to block President Bush!  The sad part is that if it hadn't been =
for us, France would be speaking German today!  How so soon they forget! =
 Sad.

After he got the Clinton Recession leveled out which cost a huge number =
of jobs, he has turned that around and the US is creating jobs.  Does he =
get credit for that?  Nope, only criticism going back to the Clinton =
administration counting the number of net losses in jobs.   He has stood =
for his principles and for that I am grateful.

Frankly, if Kerry is elected President, it will be a sad, sad day for =
democracy, for freedom, for the United States.  I don't want to think =
about what kind of America it will be like with 8 years of Kerry.  It =
won't be the same kind of America our forefathers fought and died for in =
the late 1700s.  I speak out because:

It is Unpatriotic not to speak out when you feel something is wrong.

Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director