OT Political

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:24:44 -0400

Larry,

>I wouldn't put a lot of money on that if I were you.

We already have lots of money riding on it, whether we like it or not!

This conflict in Iraq has cost every citizen nearly $1000 in DOD =
expenditures and lots more money in fuel costs.  Another four years will =
cost us much more.

Meanwhile, the stock market crash, following from widespread corporate =
fraud, such as committed by Cheney's Enron, has sapped the more fiscally =
responsible people of their hard-earned savings and their old age =
security.

The proposed tax cuts that will go mostly to the wealthy will create a =
revenue shortfall that must eventually be reconciled.  Who will =
eventually pay the piper?  I suspect it will be the little guy, who will =
have to suffer deep cuts in Social Security and Medicare, into which =
he/she has invested a lifetime of payments.  Meanwhile, corporate =
America will have reaped most of the savings.  This is yet another =
hidden way that tax cuts can be used to screw the lower and middle =
classes, while duping them into thinkiing they've gotten something for =
nothing.

So yes, we all have a LOT of money on the line -- tens or hundreds of =
thousands of dollars for most common folks.

Peace,
Sarah