OT Political

LarryinAtlanta@aol.com LarryinAtlanta@aol.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:19:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/29/04 4:23:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sarah@graphic-fusion.com writes:
Larry,

>I wouldn't put a lot of money on that if I were you.

We already have lots of money riding on it, whether we like it or not!

This conflict in Iraq has cost every citizen nearly $1000 in DOD expenditures
and lots more money in fuel costs.  Another four years will cost us much more.
And where do you close *your* purse strings in defending the country, Sarah?

Meanwhile, the stock market crash, following from widespread corporate fraud,
such as committed by Cheney's Enron, has sapped the more fiscally responsible
people of their hard-earned savings and their old age security.
Stock market crash? That's a new one. Cheney had nothing to do with Enron
either. This is what happens when one soaks their brain in liberal hogwash - they
can't keep all the talking points straight. The stock market hasn't crashed,
Sarah. The latest figures on our economy shows 3.7% growth rate, strong
consumer spending and the lowest inflation rate in decades. Gross domestic product
was up 3.3% in the second quarter.

The proposed tax cuts that will go mostly to the wealthy will create a
revenue shortfall that must eventually be reconciled.  Who will eventually pay the
piper?
See above. Over 2 million jobs have been created, replacing the jobs lost
from the technology bubble that burst losing so many jobs, which had nothing to
do with Bush. Recently over 320 of the nation's top economists signed onto a
report saying the tax cuts are behind the boom in the economy. No one ever taxed
their way out of debt, Sarah. The only way the deficit has *ever* been
reduced has been through tax cuts which moved the economy to growth. Deficits are
reduced by generating more tax, but you generate more tax by stimulating the
economy, not by penalizing it. History proves this to be the case, you don't have
to take my word for it.

I suspect it will be the little guy, who will have to suffer deep cuts in
Social Security and Medicare, into which he/she has invested a lifetime of
payments.  Meanwhile, corporate America will have reaped most of the savings.  This
is yet another hidden way that tax cuts can be used to screw the lower and
middle classes, while duping them into thinkiing they've gotten something for
nothing.
Again, you connect two dots that have nothing to do with each other.
Corporate America does not run the Social Security program. No offense, but if you're
going to discuss issues such as this, at least take the time to learn about
them, and how they function.

So yes, we all have a LOT of money on the line -- tens or hundreds of
thousands of dollars for most common folks.

Peace,
Sarah

And if you end up wearing a burkha, and we all are forced to bow toward
Mecca, what price limit will you put on getting out of *that* little mess?