OT Political

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:27:14 -0500

Larry,=20

More hogwash!
 ""at least take the time to learn about them, and how they function." =
goes double.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: LarryinAtlanta@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 4:19 PM
  Subject: Re: OT Political

  In a message dated 10/29/04 4:23:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, =
sarah@graphic-fusion.com writes:
    Larry,

    >I wouldn't put a lot of money on that if I were you.

    We already have lots of money riding on it, whether we like it or =
not!

    This conflict in Iraq has cost every citizen nearly $1000 in DOD =
expenditures and lots more money in fuel costs.  Another four years will =
cost us much more.
  And where do you close *your* purse strings in defending the country, =
Sarah?=20

    Meanwhile, the stock market crash, following from widespread =
corporate fraud, such as committed by Cheney's Enron, has sapped the =
more fiscally responsible people of their hard-earned savings and their =
old age security.
  Stock market crash? That's a new one. Cheney had nothing to do with =
Enron either. This is what happens when one soaks their brain in liberal =
hogwash - they can't keep all the talking points straight. The stock =
market hasn't crashed, Sarah. The latest figures on our economy shows =
3.7% growth rate, strong consumer spending and the lowest inflation rate =
in decades. Gross domestic product was up 3.3% in the second quarter.=20

    The proposed tax cuts that will go mostly to the wealthy will create =
a revenue shortfall that must eventually be reconciled.  Who will =
eventually pay the piper?=20
  See above. Over 2 million jobs have been created, replacing the jobs =
lost from the technology bubble that burst losing so many jobs, which =
had nothing to do with Bush. Recently over 320 of the nation's top =
economists signed onto a report saying the tax cuts are behind the boom =
in the economy. No one ever taxed their way out of debt, Sarah. The only =
way the deficit has *ever* been reduced has been through tax cuts which =
moved the economy to growth. Deficits are reduced by generating more =
tax, but you generate more tax by stimulating the economy, not by =
penalizing it. History proves this to be the case, you don't have to =
take my word for it.

    I suspect it will be the little guy, who will have to suffer deep =
cuts in Social Security and Medicare, into which he/she has invested a =
lifetime of payments.  Meanwhile, corporate America will have reaped =
most of the savings.  This is yet another hidden way that tax cuts can =
be used to screw the lower and middle classes, while duping them into =
thinkiing they've gotten something for nothing.
  Again, you connect two dots that have nothing to do with each other. =
Corporate America does not run the Social Security program. No offense, =
but if you're going to discuss issues such as this, at least take the =
time to learn about them, and how they function.

    So yes, we all have a LOT of money on the line -- tens or hundreds =
of thousands of dollars for most common folks.

    Peace,
    Sarah

  And if you end up wearing a burkha, and we all are forced to bow =
toward Mecca, what price limit will you put on getting out of *that* =
little mess?