Vertical Damper Lift Rail

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:45:00 -0400

Thanks to all for the input on my little thing last week. The guy called =
me up asking if the rail was ready and asked how much it was going to =
cost. I hate being put on the spot, but if I am I try to quote high and =
come in low. Anyway I said $200. After reviewing things, I only charged =
him $150. I put the thing back in a couple days ago - he is happy, =
daughter pianist is happy, I am happy. And thanks again for the input, =
it helped.

Oh, and it was not a Kawai, but rather a Samick-made Kohler & Campbell.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 10:21 AM
  Subject: Re: Vertical Damper Lift Rail

  Terry,=20

  How old is the piano?  Is it still under warranty?  If it is, I try to =
deal with the manufacturer, which doesn't necessarily put the check in =
hand as quickly.  The customer always appreciates it, since it's usually =
a little more challenging for them to make a claim.=20

  Itemizing what you've done and specifying time per each task performed =
is what I do in a case like this.  =20

  Dave Stahl=20

  In a message dated 10/21/04 11:02:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =
alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk writes:=20

    Hello Terry,=20
    Whenever I am in doubt as to how much to charge, I usually specify =
each individual action on an invoice; i.e. copy exactly what you have =
listed in your post. That way the customer has little defence. Sometimes =
I also state that the labour charge is also a "nominal" amount (as if =
doing them a favour).=20

    Hope this will ease your conscience.=20

    Alan=20

      ----- Original Message -----=20