Re-ribbing an olde board

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:37:24 EDT

=20
Bernard
  Now Bernard You know that strads live in little humidity sealed  cocoons=20
called cases. This preserves wood along time. Any upright such as stwys  tha=
t=20
are very closed up at least on the front side many times have preserved =20
boards/crown that is truly remarkable.
  Also most strads I'm told have had there necks lengthened so as to  be abl=
e=20
to play at modern pitch levels in modern orchestras. What did they do  with=20
the old wood BTW.
  I've also heard that some of a strads belly wood is often replaced  due to=
=20
age & degradation.
 My point is that not all things are equal
   Dale

i Joe, hi Ric,
=20
it=B4s also time to throw away those old  petrified and brittle stradivari=
=B4s *g*
=20
regards,
=20