Viennese Grand

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:36:49 -0700

Calin asked: "Hi Joe!

I don't know exactly what you mean by clunky, but I they do have a very =
=3D
different touch. I think it is so because you need most effort at the =
=3D
beginning of the key stroke (before the beak of the hammer escapes from =
=3D
its hook), combined with a shallower key dip.
Is that what you mean?"

 Calin,
Those things are most likely what I object to. My thought is that I feel =
every darned thing the action is doing, in the key. I don't like that! =
Especially the "catch". It is too pronounced for my taste.=20
One comment that was made, is that the Viennese action repeats faster. I =
totally disagree. It is a simple single escapement action and does not =
have the rapid repetition capabilities of even the Uprights, IMO.
Anyway, I don't like them. 18th century technology that never went =
beyond it's initial development. Like a bad stink, they linger one =
forever.<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police