poxy on soundboards and seminar in Bruxelles

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:40:49 +0200

--Apple-Mail-30--178635036

On 21-okt-04, at 22:20, Richard Brekne wrote:

> The Truth ???? ... I like pre 1985 or so Steinways (Hamburgs) better
> then what I've seen come out since. D's C's, and B's all seem to have
> taken a turn towards the nasal since about then. Dont really know
> why... hear a lot of rumours.... but.
>
> Also... Seems to me that at best... that assumed <<bloom>> period is
> only good for a couple 2- 3 years anyways... by then the panel has
> settled in for its long term and its that what ends up being most
> important.

In that case, you did not answer my question. you evade the truth, you
deserve Nippon torture and I'll.......
Just tell me again, with all the truth still existing in the deepest
marrow of your left tiny toe :
What do you like better  ....  a gorgeous 100 year old Steinway B, or a
gorgeous 1984 Steinway B?

> btw... how'd the seminar go ?

--Apple-Mail-30--178635036
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 1334 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-30--178635036--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_0037.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 37220 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-31--178635033

this is a pic of the seminar group in Bruxelles.

It was a real nice experience. I never did a 2 day seminar for such a=20
big group (=B1 30 people).
The piano was a Steinway A, belonging to our good friend St=E9phane=20
Collin.
In our work place, he installed the new shanks and the new wippens, and=20=

back home, he worked like 5 dogs to glue the new hammers and get the=20
instrument ready for the seminar.
The group consisted mainly of belgians, (French speaking and Flemish=20
speaking) a Romanian, a Greek from Athens, and an Italian from Udine=20
(Trieste).
The next time, I hope there will be at least one American!

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

"where Music is, no harm can be"