poxy on soundboards..

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:20:17 +0100

antares wrote:

>     But its not tradition here. The magic tone bit is just the excuse
>     me thinks. That said... I do like the idea of using old panels and
>     rib crowning them anew.
>
>     Cheers
>     RicB
>
> been there, done that.
>
> My friend, here we come back to an old discussion : old versus new.
> Again I ask you (I askew)... which Steinway do you like better... a
> gorgeous /old/ Steinway or a gorgeous /new/ Steinway?

> Now, be honest, don't lie to me, otherwise I'll tell them Nipons and
> they will surely get da truth out of you this next November.

The Truth ???? ... I like pre 1985 or so Steinways (Hamburgs) better
then what I've seen come out since. D's C's, and B's all seem to have
taken a turn towards the nasal since about then. Dont really know why...
hear a lot of rumours.... but.

Also... Seems to me that at best... that assumed <<bloom>> period is
only good for a couple 2- 3 years anyways... by then the panel has
settled in for its long term and its that what ends up being most
important.

btw... how'd the seminar go ?

Cheers
RicB