Piano Tone Building

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:29:47 EDT

Michael, Patrick
  Actually there is a good deal of fascinating info to  glean in this book.
Check out felt making & wolfendons sound board ides. I  also enjoyed the
discussion on wire,
 & the overall brain trust exposed in these  pages.
  The idea of collecting the resources you mentioned  Patrick is however & no
doubt a , a more practical & immediate  help.
  Regards
    Dale

On  Oct 16, 2004, at 9:38 AM, michael campi wrote:

> I am still looking  for a copy of Piano Tone Building that someone
> wants to  unload.
> Michael

I hope you aren't expecting to learn a great  deal from this volume. It
is of historic interest about the early 20th  century piano industry,
though. Perhaps you'd find Samuel Wolfenden's Pianoforte Construction> of
greater value. Some  time ago Ric B posted a
link for the fairly recent Twelve Lectures on the  Piano (inexact title,
sorry).
Collecting and studying handouts and  technical bulletins on voicing
from Renner, Kawai, Steinway, Andre's  excellent instructions here on
the list, etc., and then going to work  string leveling, needling,
reshaping, etc. on a subject piano will get you  on your way ...

Patrick